fbpx
  • Market Insights  >  Weekly Outlook

9 June 2023,03:07

Weekly Outlook

Focus On The Upcoming Fed Interest Rate Decision

9 June 2023, 03:07

Share on:
FacebookLinkedInTwitterShare
Share on:
FacebookLinkedInTwitterShare

The Week Ahead: Week of 12 June (GMT+3)

Tuesday, 13 June, 15:30 – US CPI (MoM) (May)

According to the previous Consumer Price Index (CPI), the United States witnessed a modest increase of 0.4% compared to last month’s 0.1%. The upcoming inflation data for May is anticipated to reveal a slight cooling of consumer prices month-over-month. However, it is expected that core prices will remain elevated.

Wednesday, 14 June, 21:00 – US Fed Interest Rate Decision

According to CME Group’s FedWatch tool, there was a 70% probability of the central bank pausing, while the remaining 30% indicated the likelihood of a different outcome. However, recent unexpected rate hikes by the AUD and CAD have led market participants to speculate the possibility of another 25-basis-point rate increase by the Federal Reserve.

Thursday, 15 June, 15:15 – EU ECB Interest Rate Decision (Jun)

Despite declining euro zone inflation in May, it remains well above the European Central Bank’s 2.0% target for stability at 6.1%. During a European Parliament’s Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs hearing, ECB President Christine Lagarde hinted at the potential for additional interest rate hikes.

Friday, 16 June, 12:00 – EU CPI (YoY) (May)

The lower inflation environment, influenced by the rate hikes decisions from ECB, is visible. However, the European economy has been adversely affected by the ongoing high food and energy prices, resulting in a meagre 0.1% growth in the first quarter. Market expectations suggest a potential decline in the inflation rate from the previous reading of 7.0% until 6.1%.

Start trading with an edge today

Trade forex, indices, metal, and more at industry-low spreads and lightning-fast execution.

  • Start trading with deposits as low as $50 on our standard accounts.
  • Get access to 24/7 support.
  • Access hundreds of instruments, free educational tools, and some of the best promotions around.
Join Now

Latest Posts

Fast And Easy Account Opening

Create Live Account
  • 1

    Register

    Sign up for a PU Prime Live Account with our hassle-free process.

  • 2

    Fund

    Effortlessly fund your account with a wide range of channels and accepted currencies.

  • 3

    Start Trading

    Access hundreds of instruments under market-leading trading conditions.

Please note the Website is intended for individuals residing in jurisdictions where accessing the Website is permitted by law.

Please note that PU Prime and its affiliated entities are neither established nor operating in your home jurisdiction.

By clicking the "Acknowledge" button, you confirm that you are entering this website solely based on your initiative and not as a result of any specific marketing outreach. You wish to obtain information from this website which is provided on reverse solicitation in accordance with the laws of your home jurisdiction.

Thank You for Your Acknowledgement!

Ten en cuenta que el sitio web está destinado a personas que residen en jurisdicciones donde el acceso al sitio web está permitido por la ley.

Ten en cuenta que PU Prime y sus entidades afiliadas no están establecidas ni operan en tu jurisdicción de origen.

Al hacer clic en el botón "Aceptar", confirmas que estás ingresando a este sitio web por tu propia iniciativa y no como resultado de ningún esfuerzo de marketing específico. Deseas obtener información de este sitio web que se proporciona mediante solicitud inversa de acuerdo con las leyes de tu jurisdicción de origen.

Thank You for Your Acknowledgement!